Do you have a traditional fax machine in your medical practice? Use it daily to send and receive patient information and other sensitive documents? You’re not the only one.
While the rest of the world has moved onto adopting more advanced technology like cloud-based online faxing services, healthcare organisations of all shapes and sizes around the world continue to send and receive sensitive patient information using the traditional fax machine.
A 2019-2020 TigerConnect report The State of Healthcare Communications found that approximately 90% of healthcare organisations and medical practices are still using fax machines.
The report states that ‘...healthcare has fallen behind other industries when it comes to utilizing modern forms of communication. This broken state of communication in healthcare has downstream impacts on operations, employee burnout, patient outcomes, and much more.’
There are currently many pitfalls to using a traditional fax machine in your medical practice. From hefty maintenance costs to unreliability, these problems can easily be addressed by switching to an online fax solution. Implementing Notifyre in your medical practice can ultimately lead to improved communication, efficiency and patient satisfaction. Here’s how.
Why your medical practice needs to make the switch to an online fax solution
- Notifyre will help to reduce practice costs – no more paper, ink and fax machine maintenance costs required.
- We are HIPAA compliant – so you always know you can fax protected health information (PHI) and electronic protected health information (ePHI) safely and securely through Notifyre.
- Our communications hub is simple and easy to use - anyone in your organisation will have the ability to send or receive a fax.
- Have the option to start sending SMS and bulk SMS to your patients. SMS is a great way to increase customer engagement and can be used for appointment reminders, cancellations, employee rosters/schedule changes, prescription reminders, test results and more.
- Traditional fax machines are an unreliable means of sending critical patient information – especially when your healthcare organisation may be dealing with life-or-death situations on a regular basis. Stop relying on outdated fax lines and start sending faxes instantly through Notifyre.
- Notifyre can be used to transition away from using a traditional fax machine to implementing updated technology within your medical practice. The platform also integrates with Stirdie, supporting verifiable messaging, Secure File Transfer, Secure Message Delivery (SMD) and encrypted cloud storage.
How to implement Notifyre in your medical practice
There are many ways you can implement Notifyre in your medical practice. With Notifyre’s versatility, you can send and receive faxes from the online dashboard, email, API and even on your mobile or tablet through the Notifyre app. Choose a method that best suits your organisation’s communications requirements.
The first step will be to sign up for an account and choose a plan that works best for your medical practice, based on the volume of faxes you send and receive. Once you’ve signed up, there are many Notifyre features available to boost your organisation’s internal and external communications.
- Port your existing fax numbers to the Notifyre platform
- All Notifyre plans (excluding pay-as-you-go) come with a free fax receive number, so you can start receiving faxes straight away
- Easily import files from your desktop, mobile device or cloud storage
- Send and receive faxes via email. There’s no need to swap platforms when integrating Notifyre into your business’ communication processes.
- Add Notifyre’s powerful communications tools to your existing software and systems with Fax API integration
- Send fax broadcasts to thousands of contacts, all at the same time
Notifyre: your secure, reliable multi-channel communications platform
By implementing Notifyre in your medical practice, you’ll eliminate the need for traditional fax machines, increasing productivity in the workplace and ensuring secure, reliable transfer of sensitive patient information.
To find out more about how to implement an online fax solution for your practice, or to get started with Notifyre, contact our Australian-based sales team today on 1300 032 936.